2008-06-30

RUSLANA KORSHUNOVA

JULY.7.87 - JUNE.28.08

"MY DREAM IS TO FLY, OH MY RAINBOW IT IS TOO HIGH"
As left on her blog.
The Stunning Kazakhstani model also known as the "Russian Rapunsel" died at around 2:30 pm on Saturday, after falling from the ninth-floor balcony of her apartment at 130 Water Street in Manhattan's Financial District. Police stated there were no signs of a struggle in her apartment and concluded that Korshunova's death is an apparent suicide.

"
I'm so lost. Will I ever find myself?"
"It hurts, as if someone took a part of me, tore it out, mercilessly stomped all over and threw it out. "







I've been there, feeling like you have no other options losing your zest for life just wanting to call it quits. Sometimes all it takes is one word or gesture to turn you around, I'm sorry that she didn't get that. RIP.


THE LATE RUSLANA KORSHUNOVA
FOR RACHEL ROY RESORT 2009


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIOR HAUTE COUTURE

It's hard to pick up after writing about something as tragic as Ruslana, but I will try...will...

EVA IN DIOR RESORT
I think this is probably one of Eva's best moments, she's normally a little dysfunctional when it comes to red carpet attire.


LIV TYLER
I hate to say it, but she seems to be looking so much better since her divorce. Love the shoes!


FRONT ROW




I don't know what to say, shocking eh? I've never been to enthralled by haute couture. Maybe it's because I can't picture the clothes on myself, most of the items are unwearable.


MILAN: DIOR HOMME
INSPIRED BY CARROT TOP?

It's more funny then fashionable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CHANEL CRUISE BAGS
I love how they are all so different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUIS VUITTON WINS
LAWSUIT AGAINST EBAY


"
PARIS (AFP) — A French court on Monday ordered online auctioneer eBay to pay nearly 40 million euros in damages to Louis Vuitton for selling fake luxury goods, in a ruling cheered as a victory for copyright protection. The Paris commercial court ruled in favour of six LVMH brands and also barred eBay from selling four perfumes -- Christian Dior, Kenzo, Givenchy and Guerlain -- on its websites.
The world's largest online auctioneer, eBay immediately announced it would lodge an appeal, rejecting the view that the court had upheld copyright law."


Source & Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


MAMA MIA PREMIERE


AMANDA SIEGFRIED
I like this dress, just not on her.


COLLIN FIRTH & WIFE
I think the dress is cute and fun, but why is she wearing that awful 90s choker? I can't stand those! Bad fashion memories...


MERYL STREEP
She's actually dressed better then normal.


PIERCE BROSNAN & KEELY SHAYE SMITH
TOM HANKS & RITA WILSON

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PEOPLE FROM THE HILLS

"Now, digging back into the archives of Details magazine, Spencer proudly admitted in a 2007 interview with that mag that he “made $50,000 in high school by selling a photo he took of Mary-Kate drinking at a party.LOSER!


HEIDI MONTAG IN STELLA MCCARTNEY
Why must she ruin designer clothing?


PRIVACY SHIRT
These two are ridiculous, but if you want to buy the T-Shirt you can do so here for 50$


LO BOSWORTH GRADUATES FROM UCLA


What is with prive? There always throwing dumb parties for D listers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARLIZE THERON STYLE

But before, the Londeners have struck again!


IN NARCISO RODRIGUEZ
I love the back on this dress.




I like the color, but personally I hate this dress.


SOLANGE KNOWLES STYLE
Poor girl, she tries so hard to be different, but I think she will always be in her sisters shadow. If getting pregnant then married off by 17 doesn't make you famous then I don't know what will.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CELEB LOOKS


LINDAY LOHAN
Love all these shades of purple.

Her style seems to be getting a lot better lately, but it's still no where near as good as when Rachel Zoe had contorl. As long as she's being herself, it's better in the end.


TAYLOR MOSMAN
All over cheetha print is normally not that great, but this dress is really cute.


HAILY DUFF AND NICK ZANO
I love this bubble gum pink top, I really want one just like this!


KRISTIN NEEDS TO LOSE THE
NICK ZANO TATT STAT

That's why you never get a boyfriend's name tattooed on you.


GABRIELLE UNION
I swear, this girl is getting more gorgeous. It's like she's regressing back into her youth.


WTF: RHIANNA

Holy Hell! Going through a crisis are we?


KIKI OBAMA GIRL
I love these floral dresses coming out of Hong Kong.


SIENNA MILLER


MATCHING: KATIE AND SURI
Suri is going to be quite a sassy little girl.



ALL THE KKK'S TOGETHER
Khloe actually looks the hottest out of them all for once. I love how all three of them represent different body types.


KATE HUDSON
She sure moves on from guys quick. Poor Owen.


AN OLSEN

I would say it's Ashley, but I'm not 100% sure.


ZOE KRAVITZ
She's definitely in my top 5 favorite fashionistas!


TODAY'S SONG:








Photobucket


Today's Links (Sunglasses / Random Post):
STYLE DU MONDE, Kat, Jill, Key, WendyB, jellofer, Fashion Tidbits, (R)evolver74, Sharon Rose, 1234, coco, Mer, Miss Woo, Make Do & Mend, atelier, LML, Savvy Gal, Miss White, The Seeker, Lauren, SICK., Secretista, alis, iñaki, Rebel Chic, Dana (pron. like Donna), annabananna, michelle, A dreamer, enc, alice, Elle B, Kaye, Ida, Ash1314, aizat.cinta.goddess, Sam, keira antoia rose, Sunniva, SET, Kool Thing, Kat, saray

36 comments:

WendyB said...

I watch too much Law & Order and am therefore still suspecting Ruslana's older ex-BF of bad behavior.

bestie said...

i love kirsten's floral dress. and the mother-daughter stripes are too cute! suri is one pretty little girl.

Sharon S said...

Hi Jen-great post and a lovely tribute you've done for Ruslana. I love Eva's dress, she looks really good!

Bel said...

Very very sad news about Ruslana. Proof that youth, beauty, money and success don't necessarily equal happiness. How awful she didn't have anyone to turn to. It's just so sad. Beautiful tribute Jen.
xx

Make Do Style said...

Hm yes such a terrible waste and if bad behaviour isn't involved then lack of food and drugs are. Such a shame.

Vain and Vapid said...

So sad about Ruslana, I didn't know she left that note on her blog...

Love hat Sienna is wear as usual, I never get tired of those VW boots.

thesil said...

Love the Galliano Show, Charlize´s style and you!your posts are fantastic!

Times of Glory said...

Jen, it is such a sweet tribute to Ruslana. It is just so sad... she is so young, beautiful and talented! Liv Tyler does look so much better since her divorce... Amazing!

Jaclyn Johnson said...

Great post as always. I feel so sorry for the models family... its so often that beautiful happy smart girls get depressed bc everyone assumes their life is perfect and often its not.

Elizabeth said...

I'm very late to this party: it's tragic news about Korshunova. I'm very sorry to hear it.

Another thing I didn't know about: Liv Tyler's divorce.

And another: Carrot-top lookalikes on the runway. Gak.

Charlize Theron rarely missteps in her clothing choices. Well, that's what I remember, anyway.

J.M. Powell said...

i love when celebs rock cheapie looks. i have that h&m dress the kirsten's rocking and i love, love it. also, why does someone who invites the paps to every available photo op where a shirt declaring that she's wants more privacy? i'm stumped.

SKYLA said...

what an incredibly sad story about the model, ruslana. really sad that she felt that was her only option. RIP. is it possible that even though she was successful, she will be even more famous dead? i suppose it shows you that models don't have it all.

Kira Aderne said...

that´s so sad that a great model as her have died...
i can´t find an explanation...

a kiss friend!!

http://elfashionista.net said...

thanks for the link!

COLLIN FIRTH's wife is wearing the same dress as yelle in her video! I love it, but I agree, somethings of the 90's are better to forget

Shes Dressing Up said...

Oh its so sad about Rusiana, she was so young :(

Kool Thing said...

I am so sad for Ruslana. It's devastating that someone so admired and with so much potential couls feel she had only one option in life. I know what I'm saying is nothing that hasn't been said before, but it's very true. And so tragic.

By the way, in response to your comment, David Attenborough has been on British television for over fifty years, presenting and producing amazing nature documentaries. It is a fact that he has seen more things than any other person on the planet. So, last night, I was in the presence of a living legend!

michelle said...

I can't believe Korshunova passing away. She was so stunning...it seems like such a tragedy.

On a happier note, I love Yelle :P

Seraphine said...

that is very sad about ruslana korshunova. it is shocking and sad. it overpowers everything else.

Michelle said...

I was quite sad when I read Ruslana's story, she is so young too and have her whole life ahead of her.

Danz said...

I really feel so sad when I hear of people that think their only choice is to end their life. Young or old, suicide is always tragic.

I love the Dior collection and those Chanel Cruise bags are so fun!

You're right, Solange does try to hard and fails miserably most of the time. I don't think that's her in the third set of photos though.

I like Rihanna's bow headband....

Love Zoe!

In Yr Fshn said...

What a nice RIP entry... I also love the pics, especially Kirsten. I always enjoy looking at her clothing choices, even if I may not agree...

meliindaa. said...

the back of the narciso rodriguez is really amazing.

STYLE DU MONDE said...

I want to thank you for article on Ruslana.

I love Liv Tyler's outfit.

Thank you mentioning me at Today's Links. I added you to my favorite blogs.

Acielle xx

Seeker said...

I was shocked about Ruslana, I didn't know about, so sad, she was so beautiful and young, but when one's get the bottom it's hell.
You did such a nice tribute to her.
Good job indeed.
RIP

I think those man's collection have been quite a disaster :D

Jen, I want to thank you my dear the support you gave me on my blog.
Thank you darling for your nice words.

xoxo

saray said...

RIP Ruslana.

I like COLLIN FIRTHs wife dress..

Wendy said...

Its a shame that Ruslana left, she is just so gorgeous!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Great Dior clothes, lovely Eva dress and horrible Heidi trying to put a great McCartney outfit with a Birkin!!!

emsydo said...

oh gosh, ruslana's death is going to generate some kind of criticism on the fashion industry isn't it?


hahaha @ __cock
and i reckon the cheetah print looks awful on taylor.

1234 said...

i reallt dont like that smiley face dress, and damn heidi for wrecking nice clothes all the time!! i love yelle, and HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Charlotte said...

I am so sorry for this poor girl. And you made a great tribute to her.

annabananna said...

so sad what happened to ruslana. and what you wrote is totally right, maybe someone should have just reached out to her. but then, who am i to judge.

Terren said...

this is my first visit to your blog lady and i love that there are so many photos, but it's all nicely organized and straight to the point.

anyway, lovely post done on ms. korshunova.

spencer annoys me to no end, and i'm not exactly an olsen fan, but the fact that he sold her photo makes him 1000X more annoying. what an ass.

prive - hah! i don't think they have much of a branding objective going on, or if they do, their marketing director needs to be fired immediately. their name is going to shit.

narcisco rodriguez: is that the same dress sarah jessica parker wore in her vogue editorial? i'm so in love with that dress.

anyway. lovely blog you've got here. keep up the wonderful posts! :]

alis said...

what a great bunch of good clothes. I forgot what was at the top by the time I finished reading the post, but charlize's strappy/zipper back dress and zoe kravitz I both loved, so I can remember those. Lohan looks good since she ditched the leggings. Now if she can get rid of the yellow hair too she's gonna be back to her glorious days.

glamour girly said...

It's so sad about the model. So sad.

I do love Charlize's black dresses and Lohan's purples!

Juan Andres said...

:O :O

Cuando lei lo de John Galliano, fue asi como flashback, cuando vi la colección hace algunos días pense en eso mismo que tu dices: Carrot top + clown

jajaja :)

the Butterfly said...

I dont really care for the model, everyone dies eventually and I will be dead too one day but not today. I found that site by accident since that dead bitch on the picture looked like the person that owes me money so Im just happy that it isnt her lol :))).