2007-09-18

KATE MOSS

The Kate Moss fall collection for Topshop arrived last week, upon inspecting the pictures I don't think it's as strong as her spring summer one, but I can tell that they are still consistent with one another which I can appreciate. I have some pieces that I absolutely love, that the first dress on the left and some that I would never wear like that pink vest in the picture on the right. Kate will always be a fashion icon and you can really tell that her collections have been inspired by her own closet and attire. I'm still longing to own something from her collection as a keepsake, I might do some digging around for that blue dress cause it's timeless and chic.









I never realized how DIFFICULT it would be to find a picture of Kate Moss in real life standing straight and looking relatively at the camera. In the gazillion pictures taken by this woman it always looks like she's ducking or running away from the paparazzi so these are some of the best I could come up with in the time I was allowing myself. I really wanted to showcase her style, but I didn't have the patience to look for pictures where she was standing up properly like a lady, and she's a model! (though I do understand the pressures of cameras following you everywhere)





Mahalo fashion,
Jen

Photo Credits: Topshop

21 comments:

Who's That Fashionista? said...

It looks OKAY, I do like the leather or pleather whichever, jacket.

Ellie Lee said...

haah i agree. the cute floral dress is timeless and it's really similar to the one she's wearing in one of the pictures u've posted!

anyhow. i've got a qn for u.. if i were to visit melbourne in early dec. how wud the temp be like?

love!

Secret Agent said...

Kate Moss, I think she always looks smashing. Sometimes her physical appearance is so HOT HOT HOT.. and yet sometimes she fits right along with her on-again-off-again boytoy Petey.

miss vintage love said...

I love that grey pants & vest set. Hot and classy.

Carolina Lange said...

I love that grey outfit and that first dress is so cute!
I Love her style, she is allways looking so good!

Anonymous said...

I love Kate Moss. She always looks nice, dressed up or not. I like the blue dress too- the random dots and puffy sleeves are awesome.

discotheque confusion said...

I'm feeling a bit yawn about the whole "kate as entrepreneur thing" but I guess that shes at that age now!

I do like the blue dress though in the style of that pansy one which I loved.

S xx

PS, Ohh, so that explains it about the comments! Ha. Yes, I think you may start a trend.

alexgirl said...

Those clothes look much better on than then do just floating in air. I like the whole line, but I don't "love" any of it.
But I just tried to turn an old T-shirt into that black halter dress (halway down on the right). Maybe I'll use her's as a model to finish mine!!!

maverickandlove said...

I love kate moss and her line so so adorable!

hannah said...

i adore her! the blue dress looks so effortlessly chic. i want it so bad, but i live in the us.

Kat said...

I agree. Some of the pieces are gorgeous like the blue dress, you said and the leather jacket and that sequined dress/top thing but others are a bit meh. I could never imagine Kate wearing that pink knitted vest! She does look fab in those tophop pics though.
Thanks for your lovely comment:-)

LalaLiu said...

some pieces look okay. I wish there was a topshop here where I live!

The Redheaded Bandit said...

i luv that pink vest :)!! o & the blue cardigan. yes i know, i like all the preppy stuff, but lala to that.he rest of the collection seems a little 2 outlandish for mya!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

penelope - Very hot, but I left a more descriptive comment just now on your blog.

Secret Agent - She looks good in person but sometimes in real life it's pretty soso.

discothequechic - Yeah I think everyone is over the whole kate thing, oh i'm not really trying to start a trend but just do my own thing.

alexgirl - Your right the clothes look good on her, not sure if it will translate the same way on everybody else.


hannah - The line should be release at barney's in the us.

cotton candy said...

DAMN - she gets away with everything!! oh why why why not me too?? ><" lol.

& you've been tagged by me. see my post.

Ângela Brito said...

I liked so many things in you post...
First i been keeping my eyes in Zoe Kravitz, I like very much the luella's collection. I adoooooore kate Moss and you right she is alwyas funny in the pictures ahahahahahah
OMG i forgot, Carrieeeeeeeee is backkkkkkk!!!!

FeiraChic said...

wow, this last dress is simply beautiful.
Great post!

Anonymous said...

wow i'd actually wear a lot of things in the collection...

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

so sick of kate so sick of her collection!

Anonymous said...

i love the grey vest and wide leg pants look! Lindsay wore that look a while back in grey as well and it looked great!

Kate always looks fabulous no matter what she wears

Fashion Tidbits said...

Kate Moss has z most awesome style ever