2009-03-09

PARIS FASHION WEEK - PART 5

09.03.2009
MONDAY - PART 5

I really like the quilted pieces, but I would have liked to see some subtle pops of color, and something about the styling just seems off, maybe it's just me. I guess I'm comparing it to their amazing two previous collections (Not counting pre-fall)

Claudia Schiffer. 38 and on the cover of Vogue, this girl is going to be blazing well into her 40s, 50s and I reckon 60s.

Kanye West. He's really serious about this fashion stuff!

Princess Siriwanwaree Nareerat. I like that her makeup is minimal here. I don't think I've seen her look better at a fashion event it's all working.

Leigh Lezark and Milla Jovovich. Remember when Milla was rocking the short hair for the longest time? (5th Element movie) It almost seems like two different people.


I love all the use of lace in this collection, lace to me is so femine and pretty I've always been so drawn to it. This is definitely in my top collections from Paris fashion week.

Sir Paul McCartney.

Pink. She looks incredible in the red coat and black tights, Pink knows how to dress well when she wants to. I love how she just randomly surprises you.

Thandie Newton. Forever adorable.

Robot Amber Rose meets Pink.

Charlotte Casiraghi. I wish I could be best friends with this girl, she's just defines European cool, calm and collected!

Salma Hayek and hubby Francois-Henri Pinault.

Emma De Caunes. Something about that outfit seems a little ill fitting on her, maybe it takes a taller person to pull off that vest.

Stella McCartney shoes.


They are a current favorite of Mary-Kate, you know she's going to wear them to death just like she did her Balenciagas.


Sylvia Fendi and Delfina Fendi.


Sonia Rykiel and Carine Roitfeld rocking her Givenchy dress again. I love how she's constantly re-using stuff.

Kanye West and robot girlfriend Amber Rose. Personally I miss Alexis Phifer.


There was one model that looked like she was crying, I guess she was taking the sad clown look to the next level. I'm really liking the different concepts, how they mixed sheer with geometric patterns and draping, I haven't seen that done before (Personally).


Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Kanye and Amber Rose together. I'm excited to see what they will be wearing constantly. xx

Bex said...

Love the burnt orange at Sonia Rykiel!

Babi said...

i loved it!

Super Noodle Rach said...

kanye and amber needs to get out of here!! as much as amber is the most fiece robot ex lesbian stripper around, she is just style overloaded. granted she looks good, but she just throws on the latest catwalk outfits! she is lucky! I prefer alexis phifer too!!

and i would never think those Stella Mc shoes would look sooo hot! loving them!

Siru said...

I love the YSL leather.

juliet xxx

Lauren said...

chanl is great - its always as fun to see what the attendees wear as much as the models!