2008-07-02

MARC JACOBS

MARC BY MARC JACOBS
RESORT 2009
It's no secret that Marc Jacobs is my favorite designer, in fact he's probably one of the few high end designers that you will find in my closet. His style and mine goes hand in hand and let's face it, if I could shag him I would, but we all know his eyes don't wander in the female direction. At least I have my fantasies.

I adore this collection, one of my top favorites, but again it's no match for Issac Mizrahi's resort line.


Hipsters Hipsters.

There's something very Viktor and Rolf about that blue dress.




COLE MOHR
FOR MARC BY MARC JACOBS ADS


He kinda looks like a male version of Agyness.


Love the drag, that dress looks hot on him.


MARC JACOBS CARES
ABOUT BLOGGERS: THE BRYAN BOY BAG
In case you haven't heard, Marc Jacobs named one of his new bags after Blogger Bryan Boy. I knew he was into the whole Internet thing when he had that thing with the 20 year old Myspace kid, but who knew he would do this? I'm really happy for Bryan, but of course jealous too. Maybe I should make my own bag and name it after myself, yes that will show him!


MARC BY MARC JACOBS: FALL BAGS





I'm not sure about the black and white 80s style tote bag, let's just say I wouldn't use it. especially because it says "Tote" on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CHANEL HAUTE COUTURE:
FALL 2008


CLAUDIA SCHIFFER

IN CHANEL RESORT 2009
Oh that dress is totally my style, quite gorgeous. Reminds me a bit of the Chloe dress I got last week. And yes, i still need to get shoes!

KASIA SMUTNIAK
I don't mind this outfit, but I think the Mary-Kate/John Lennon sunglasses have to go.


GERMAN SINGER AYO
Ugh, the whole outfit is just so baggy on her, I especially don't like the top. The rest I guess can stay, it's a shame cause she's a cute girl. A sassy little dress would have gone a long way.


AUDREY MARNAY
So cute, I love the combination with the white sunglasses.


FRENCH ACTRESS: CHARLOTTLE GAINSBOURG



PRINCESS SIRIWANWAREE NAREERAT
OF THAILAND / MICKEY GREEN

Siriwanwaree is wearing Chanel Spring 2008, I would have preferred black boots, but she still looks amazing.


I love this collection, but only because it reminds me of the Chanel Ice Princess one from Spring Couture that I loved so much. I think the heavy eye makeup is scary, I would have lost that, but the wigs are chic.


I can appreciate all the pleating and detail that Chanel puts into their clothing.

This is the perfect shade of pink to make a statement because it's bold, but not overdone.

I love the frames don't they look like paintings from the 1800s?




The model in the middle looks like something that dropped out of the sky.


*Claps*



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELIE SAAB HAUTE COUTURE


Lebanese designer Elie Sabb is a favorite among the red carpet, and it's quite obvious why.


That second dress is amazing.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HANCOCK PREMIERE


THE SMITHS / CHEETAH GIRLS

The purple dress that Sabrina Bryan is wearing doesn't seem like it fits her that well. Willow is so cute eh? She seems to have her dad's personality, that girl is going to be a star.


WILL & JADA PINKETT SMITH
I really like that Jada paired her green dress with blue earrings. I love color block combinations like this. She could have taken it to the next level and worn blue shoes instead of th earrings.


TIA DASHON MOWRY
Tia and her husband, they are so cute. I love her in gold, this dress is stunning and totally something I would wear. Bring back Sister Sister, I miss that show it use to play after school at 5pm.


FRESH PRINCE RENUNION
WILL SMITH & TATIANA ALI


VALERIE BERTINELLI
I can't get over how gorgeous she's been looking lately. Her confidence has grown so much since she's dropped the weight. This color blue is amazing and I also like the lighter hair color.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CELEB STYLE


ASHLEE SIMPSON

OMG, when did she get so big? I still can't believe she's married with a baby on the way. Seems like yesterday she was dating Ryan Cabrera, doing her reality show and signing "Pieces of me".


CASSIE

This is the best Cassie has ever looked, she's such a stunning girl. I have to say though that she can't act, she was terrible in Step Up 2 The Streets. She should stick to music, but then again her voice isn't that great. At least she has her looks.


AUSTRALIA'S NEXT TOP MODEL WINNER:
DEMELZA REVELEY

I'm in love with her whole look here. It reminds me of Miu Miu, but maybe it's just the shoes.


TATIANA ALI & BOYF
I think her look here is great, it' so me. I have a couple of Hawaiian dresses myself, but they are not as cute as this. Maybe they need to visit the sewing room.


LALALA LOHAN
Loving the 80s vibe of her top.



KERRY WASHINGTON
Kerry looking stunning at Armani Prive Haute Couture.



FERGIE
Great shoes, great outfit. She's getting it right, but I know it won't last.



JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MARC ANTHONY
They look so happy, it's too bad Marc and Jen just didn't get married all these years ago when they first dated. It would have saved her, her first two husbands.



KATE HUDSONI don't like that she's matching her sunglasses to her dress.


ESTELLE
She's so funky, I enjoy her style and her music. Those UK girls are taking over the music scene lately! Leona, Katie Perry, Natasha Bedingfield and now her!


VANESSA HUDGENS
I love this plaid dress, I have the feeling she's going through some sort of style evolution.


SIENNA MILLER
I'm not sure what brand this dress is, but I have a sense that it's not very expensive. Sienna's been known to wear quite a bit of low end items and make them very desirable.


NICOLE RICHIE & FAMILY
I like those sunglasses she always wears (in the first picture), I wonder where I could find something similar? I don't think they would suit me as well though.


TODAY'S SONG:







Photobucket

Today's Links: WendyB, bestie, Sharon Rose, Belinda, Make Do & Mend, Vain and Vapid, thesil, Times of Glory, Old.soul.in.the.city, enc, JuliAM, SKYLA, Kira Fashion, Mer, She's Dressing Up, Kool Thing, michelle, Seraphine, Miss Woo, Danz, In Yr Fshn, i think thats hauttte, STYLE DU MONDE, The Seeker, saray, Wendy, Aretha, A dreamer, 1234, Charlotte, annabananna, Weekly Blogette, Secretista, Nay'Chelle, Sabrina, aizat.cinta.goddess, Sunniva, we wear things, Luna, iñaki, Cate, Jill, Ida, Anthea, Glamouricious, Terren


35 comments:

Shopaholic D said...

those john lennon glasses do have to go! the rest of the outfit is pretty cute.

love fergie's shoes!

v-hudgens has been looking pretty stylish lately. she had a super cute outfit on just jarred the other day.

:) D

Kayla said...

i really do love that song! but i'm also a huge kanye fan, so that helps.

great post! the haute couture shows are all amzing, but you're right...chanel's detail is unbeatable.

WendyB said...

I heart Lennon sunglasses!

Fashion Is Poison said...

marcs designs are great but his labels sizes never fit me right.

ahh i wonder what brand fergie's shoes are- they are so hot!

Dana (MODAna) said...

oh man I have so many comments...
I LOVE the MJ shorts and top look. LOVE the bag.
Also still shocked over Ashlee Simpson...
BTW I don't like Sienna's dress even if it is affordable - I just can't look at flowers and stripes anymore

Lust for Fashion said...

I love the post of Tatyana Ali! Fresh Prince of Belair was the bomb back in the day :D
I love these summer dresses! I definitely need more ;)

Richel said...

I think I've died and gone to heaven for Marc's collection. I've never loved his color selection more!

alis said...

Hands off Jen, Marc is MY bitch. I would keep him in a room and whip him to make me pretty clothes when he's nakked.

I'm so jealous of Claudia Schiffer, she looks AMAZING. I'd say "I hope I'll look that good when I'm her age" but, I don't look as good as she did when she was my age.

Charlotte Gainsbourg is FUG! And I seem to be the only person aware of that! I love her sister Lou though..

I *heart* the rest of the outfits in the post. Expecially Fergie's shoes!

Sharon S said...

I love the marc jacobs collection too-very covetable!!

Seeker said...

I love Marcs designs!

Wow Claudia Schiffer is amazing, how I envy her.

xx

Ella Gregory said...

I wasn't that into the Chanel collection this year, but maybe it will grow on me. I loved Dior!
I wish Marc Jacobs would send me a bag! I am so jealous!!!!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

i picked Cole Mohr during the last A/W men's fashion week at Comme, he's my new obsession. Although anything remotely related to Marc Jacobs is a total turn-off!!!

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

marc collection is so chic1

Aliena said...

I love, love, love those shoes on Fergie... I'm green with envy (can you say that in English?)... :(

michelle said...

*drools over clothes* That Bryan kid is so lucky, if they make a bad named after you though, I'd buy it! :D

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Amazing! I just enjoyed the post :-)

saray said...

love marc jacobs! lol everyone wants to shag him :)
I watn Marc to name a bag after me :O

I love the dresses that J-Lo wears , i just don't like it on her..

Couture Carrie said...

Whoa . . . there is so much to digest and comment on her; I hardly know where to begin. First, I want to say that I love how you present your photos in pairs and trios, side by side. It's a whole different way of looking at a collection than a slide show! Thought Elie Saab's show was incredible. And loving the celeb photos mixed in with runway coverage in a single post. As always, a volume that I will visit time and again, Jen!

Elizabeth said...

There are a lot of cute dresses in that MJ line!

I love that jacket on Charlotte Gainsbourg.

Lagerfeld did a nice job on that collection.

hannah said...

love all the new marc stuff. especially that some of the new bags are somewhat affordable. the non leather ones of course.

Terren said...

i'm so distracted by the wonderful marc jacobs collection. it's so much fun to look at. if i were in high school, i'd want it all.

erm, actually, i'm way past high school and i STILL want it all. :D

Bex said...

Love the Chanel collection....seriously not to be mean or anything, but what will Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz's baby look like?

Imelda said...

I really like the 3 collections! Love them!

Make Do Style said...

How cool did Charlotte Gainsbourg look.
I love the Bryan bag and the story! tres amusing...
LL is sporting the pasty llok full on these days.
Cute comment on jlo -so nice for her now esp after ben affleck thing

annabananna said...

oh marc, my marc. i totally afree with you! and thanks for another great mega-post ;)

Lynn said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for visiting, love you! Doing fine, but have been so uninspired to write :(. I'll try and do that sometime.

You've been such wonderful fashion inspiration, as usual, and I do hope that Hawaiian sundress gets photographed when it's made its way out of the sewing room.

xoxoxoxo

meliindaa. said...

marc jacobs is really good at knowing what colors work well together! haha i read about the brian boy bag too, ill be watching for when he names a bag after YOUU! haha

Jennifer Robertson said...

LOVE the MJ plaid dress, top left. It's perfect.

Lohan's top is totally adorable...I just wish she's do something about her hair! I hate her as a blonde. I miss the old "Mean Girls" Lindsay.

Lexie said...

awww i love that song too!

that marc male model is very cute i think!

Kira Aderne said...

Chanel and Jacobs really got great collections!!

a kiss!

Lauren said...

i think i like marc's resort line better than his F08W09 line, still a little 80's but just cuter :)

Juan Andres said...

ok, I LOVE MARC BY MARC JACOBS!

I got myself a few things form his fall collection and I LOVE THEM (L)

Loved the Elie HC collection, is just so glamorous and pretty !

Your post has so soooo many things that i have to scroll over the post to remember haha

I will always love lindsay, loved that top :)

Vertiginoso said...

Cassie is simply a radiant BOMBShell (Pffffff . . . such Amazing Feline !!! ) AND Kerry Washington an epitome of Charm : Elle est comme touchée par la Grâce !!! Point . . .

A Bientôt, Antoine

Tala said...

thanks you for karl, for another amazing chanel show...


:)

Wendiva said...

i'm loving karen walker! it's hard to make full bathing suits look hot, and she managed to do just that!!!!