2008-06-10

CARLA BRUNI-SARKOZY

THE FRENCH JACKIE O
CELEB STYLE: CARLA BRUNI-SARKOZY
ITALIAN MODEL/SINGER/SONGWRITER AND
WIFE TO THE FRENCH PRESIDENT


Marring French president Nicolas Sarkozy just a few months after they met in February 2008, Carla definitely captured the attention of the media. Carla
is known for dating a lot of famous men including Eric Clapton, Donald Trump, Mick Jagger, Laurent Fabius (ex French Prime Minister), Vincent Perez, Leos Carax, Charles Berling, etc.

Ever since becoming the "First Lady" of France, she's been seen around in many impeccably chic outfits. The media has been dubbing her the French Jackie O.





CARLA FOR CITIZEN K IN 2006
Oh I wish I had her body.


CARLA ON THE RUNWAY


2006 OLYMPICS IN HER
HOME TOWN OF TURIN, ITALY




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TSUMORI
CHISATO


This wonderful Japanese designer has all sorts of goodies in store for us.
I love the creativity of this collection.

The piece that really captured my attention was the first look.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SOPHIA COPPOLA AND

HER FATHER FRANCIS FOR LOUIS VUITTON



This is such a great idea, I love these types of Louis Vuitton ads. They really capture the timeless classic nature of the brand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PEOPLE FROM THE HILLS
BEFORE THEY WERE SO FAMOUS
They look pretty ordinary don't they?


SPEIDI NOW 3 MILLION
RICHER AND FAKING IT
Speidi has apparently made 3 million dollars since The Hills started. They get 25,000$ an episode, plus they make money off Heidi's clothing line, magazine covers and fake photoshoots.

Even going to the ATM, has turned into a shoot for Heidi.

In case your wondering she took out 60 dollars with 1.75 transaction fee.


WHITNEY PORT

Whitney apparently never wanted her personal life to be shown on The Hills, I wonder how she will handle it with her new show?


A TIME FOR HEROS
CELEBRITY CARNIVAL


LO BOSWORTH
I'd like to see Lo in a frilly cute dress dress ala Whitney.


LAUREN CONRAD
She looks really cute, but nothing special. I feel like some of the outfits she wears daily are more fun then the stuff she wears to events. She's obviously trying to play it safe.


WHITNEY PORT
Love the dress and the shoes, so Whitney. I'm crowning her the short dress queen.


MISCHA BARTON


MISCHA IN GIAMBATTISTA VALLI

DENISE RICHARDS
Omigod the boho skirt is SOOO over. Put that way!


GARCELLE
BEAUVAIS

Cute family.


NICOLE RICHIE

Nicole look so sweet here, I haven't seen her in a little dress like this in a long time. I'm going to make a hunch and say that these are her favorite sunglasses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CELEB LOOKS


LINDSAY LOHAN
Oh those Balenciaga shoes...!!


I really like her tank here, but i wish her jacket didn't match her skinnys so much.


MICHELLE WILLIAMS
Her new hair suits her so much, I love the Spanish feel of this dress.

MICHELLE WILLIAMS
The cut of her top almost looks vintage. Glad to see her okay again.

LIV TYLER
I like the color of this Stella dress on her, it brings out her eyes.


CAMILLA BELLE
She can do no wrong. I also like the style of her pendant, I would love to find something similar. Those eyebrows of hers are becoming her signature! I've cleaned up my eyebrows but I've never plucked them, i've seen what they've done to people. That's my advice, clean them up, don't pluck!


NATALIE PORTMAN
You know for a bearded guy her boyfriend is pretty hot.



KATE PERRY
I really like this girls music and her style is so quirky. I hope that she doesn't go down the crazy drunken route like Lily. I've always been such a fan of hawaiian dresses. I'm obsessed with anything beachy, which is obvious when you step into my apartment.


AGYNESS DEYN
*Yawn* I'm tired of this girl, I'm way more interested in looking at her holey pants then her.

KELLY OSBOURNE
She's lost a lot of weight, but her face still looks the same. It's strange, but hey i'm not judging. I love her outfit, that jacket is AMAZING.


EMANUELLE CHRIQUI

The dress and shoes are love, the hair not so much. I wish she had a nice white clutch to go with this outfit.


RUMER WILLIS
What a difference a good haircut can make.


Photobucket

Today's Links (Resorts/ Random Post / Discounts / Agathe): The Stylish Wanderer, SICK., sara, saray, Giselle, Key, alloftheabove, Jennifer Stoddart, kitty kate, Belinda, coco, Times of Glory, Kaye, penelope, jayne, In Yr Fshn, Mimi, alis, Vain and Vapid, Tala, Jill, 1234, alis, GossipZ, Imelda Matt, Jia & Monica, Secretista, Make Do & Mend,Daphné, Puebla Chic,WendyB, M, (R)evolver74, sara, Becca, Jenny H., Alena, CULTURE CREATORS, Miss Woo, Dani, SKYLA, glamour girly, That Girl, Imelda, Dollfaced Rebel, Belle, maveri_ck<3, michelle, Marsadie, Giselle, jellofer, keira antoia rose, nv, fashion herald

24 comments:

this wheel's on fire said...

you are so funny =)

Anonymous said...

At first Carla going from model/singer to first lady of France makes me want to laugh forever, but she has really stepped it up and looks quite natural in the jackie O outfits

why is mischa wearing a bedsheet and what's w/ the emo/poser-punk stars on her face haha?

wow first pic of devandra w/ natalie where i can sorta see what she sees in him!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

^ I think mischa was reading childrens books at the events, I dunno I guess she dressed up to do it.

Carla is a bit ridic but she's cleaned herself up well.

MK said...

ooo ur right, camilla can do no harm! and whitney port looks good too!
+ no wonder miss Heidi can splurge on designer goods these days, she's a millionaire!

Lauren said...

woa! thanks for introducing me to that designer :)

Make Do Style said...

Yep Carla scrubs up well and her new style is good for women who have a formal life, nice to have a role model instead of just actresses and models!

Rumer is doing good with the new haircut, there's hope with progress!

Secret Agent said...

Wow, Carla is definitely MILFing it up for me.
Wow, LV is going really different for this campaign. It went from fierce-attitude, to, classy laidback countryside.
Whitney actually told Extra TV yesterday that the rumors of her new TV show are false. No spinoff for Whitney.

Debbie Shiamay said...

I love the photos of Jackie O! So chic! And i really like how you commented about Agyness and her Holey pants! hahaha!!! You're fun and lovable, Jen!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

No more Agyness!!! Am I the only who thinks she looks like a bleached wombal? kisses my gor friendxxx

Tala said...

i love love love carla bruni, used to listen to her songs all the time. and to top it off, she has killer style, and charm. and is now france's first lady! amazing. france couldnt have gotten a better one!

and oh, every time i see a photo of heidi and spencer it makes me want to throw up on myself.

Jill @ Trend de la Creme said...

Those Tsumori Chisato outfits rock my world!!

Anakin said...

thanks for featuring our French First lady... but Im wondering, is she pregnant or what ? she seems to have a belly

Tricia said...

LOVE all the Chisato stockings, interesting collection, def someone to watch.
Wasn't Carla the first to be called "The Body," even before Elle?

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i completely agree with your comments about lauren conrad. i worked at teen vogue and saw her on a weekly basis and she never struck me as drop-dead gorgeous. she's so one of those girls your mom would look at in high school and tell you, 'you're way prettier than her. she's got nothing special.' but i am still semi-obsessed with her perfectly straight/wavy hair.

jellofer said...

All I have to say is that Carla has AMAZING style...I love it!

Angela said...

Hope when I am her age, I will look as good as Carla Bruni! Nicole Kidman looks barely pregnant, it's hard to believe she is to go pop soon. All the pregnanty mommies look so much more fashionable nowadays instead of wearing a tent pretending to be a dress!

SKYLA said...

j'adore la musique de carla bruni.

sophie said...

The Japanese designer is so cool- I love the ombre tights.

I love Whitney, she's the only one with actual style.

Daphné said...

I can't stand Carla when she is singing but I have to admit she is quite a classy first lady,I am glad she "represents" my country with such elegance!
Love the Louis Vuitton ad with the Coppolas, great idea!

TIG said...

Love the Carla bit, and it's strange but true about Kelly Osbourne's face . . . Another great round-up.

Vertiginoso said...

One-shoulder Dresses are Always classy, and Liv Tyler wears it WONDERFULLY !!! YES, GLAMOUR can be Refreshing !!!
ps: Carla Bruni and Nicolas Sarkozy, a surreal married couple BUT a Classy "First Lady", full of haughty serenity . . .

A Bientôt, Antoine

alis said...

Kelly has a square face by nature. I noticed that ppl with naturally square or round faces tend to be anorexic more often, because no matter how they skinny they get when they look at the mirror they see a full face. I hope she doesn't go that way.
why does heidi make that "ahhhh I'm so surprised" stupid open mouth smile face everytime she's photographed? idiot.
I love camilla belle, she's very stylish and age-appropriate at the same time. And also she isn't wearing what other starlets are wearing, she's original.
whitney looks cute too..

Carolina Lange said...

Another great post!

Carla Bruini is so beautiful and so chic!

I love the LV ad with Sophia coppola and her father!

Bex said...

carla bruni = classy italian